Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dance Recital

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Nancy Koglin Vosburgh!

Lily's recital for her ballet class was yesterday afternoon. I really had bad luck with the camera lighting. My pictures are not good.  But she did a really good job and seemed to have a great time. It was REALLY long, and they sat in rooms and played between their performances. That alone is impressive - they were "backstage" for over 3 hours. God bless the moms who stayed in the rooms with them! Thanks to Naney, Grunny, Charlie, Erin and the Jones family for coming to support our little dancer! She must have asked 100 times - "Did I do awesome?"

Impossible to tell, but she's on the far left. This was their "Indian" dance.



After the recital with her friends Sarah and Lucy. I made them the little bouquets and they were too busy admiring them to all look at us at the same time. (A little aside...outside when we were leaving this little girl from Lily's class was sobbing her eyes out because she wanted flowers like everybody else. "Where are my flowers?" she kept saying. Gut-wrenching. My heart ached for her and her parents!)

Our beautiful ballerina. 

Naney gave her a charm bracelet after the recital. I love the look on her face!

This afternoon she tried on all her costumes again. This is the "woodland creature" outfit. (She was also a dog - from 101 Dalmatians. It was a Disney Theme. Did I tell you it lasted forever?)

Here you can see the face painting she received at the church picnic today. She got two on her face, one on her arm and one on her hand, plus two tattoos. Lily loves face painting, but she also loved spending that time with Maggie and the other "big" girls at church! On her face are a baseball and a flower. I really think Lily is a good mix of sporty and girly-girl - and her face is a good example! 
Naney got her an "I love sports" charm and a dance charm - perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment