Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yikes

I'm driving the girls to SC tomorrow. I must be crazy. Yikes I must be crazy.
Besides the fact that I'm exhausted from Imogene's night sleep being erratic, I'm exhausted from the lack of naps she's taking lately. Please pray that the drive is as stress-less as it can be. I'll be drinking a lot of Chick-Fil-A tea. It will be worth it in the end to spend time with my family and friends that I haven't seen in so long. And Lily is so excited to go see naney's house.

Lily has discovered Food Network. So far we've only watched the Barefoot Contessa, whom Lily refers to as "Ina and her husband." Today she said of her new favorite TV show, "She has a bigger kitchen than we do. She has a mover kitchen. She can move everywhere. Ina has a big big house." The other day she was making a greek lasagna and Lily said it looked really good. Then she clarified that she'd eat the plain pasta she was putting in it, and maybe she'd eat the meat when she was 6,7,8 or 9. I have enjoyed watching it too. It's one of my favorite cooking shows, actually probably my favorite. And it is inspiring me to one day, when life ever gets back to something close to sane, to cook again.

At the beginning of PT Susan always asks us how things are going, what things they need to know as far as Imogene's overall development. Today she said that someday she hopes for me that I will be able to go in and say that we had a perfectly normal, uneventful week. I hope for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment