Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bill's New Home Improvement Project

Lily sees a drawing of an otter in her "baby animals ABC" book. She thinks the baby otter is very cute and says, "I think we should get a baby otter." "Where would the baby otter live Lily?" "In our pool." "What pool?" "The pool that daddy is going to build for me. We'll have two pools. One big one next to a little pool that I will swim in with the baby otter."

Today was one of those days where I'd probably have felt better if I'd gotten to cry and scream as much as Lily and Imogene did. Imogene only slept 30 minutes this morning. And then not at all this afternoon. And for some reason Lily decided that instead of eating dinner she'd just cry and cry and cry. I've never seen her do that. She doesn't eat much, but she's never not eaten anything. Tonight she didn't even eat a bite. It was just one of those days where I really felt like I couldn't do much of anything with either of them to make them happy.

Thank goodness I get to start it all over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment