Monday, April 19, 2010

Lily's Turn!

Apparently, Lily wanted in on all the medical attention that Imogene gets. To explain this, I need to go back a few weeks. A little after her birthday, Lily said to her friend Lucy, "Lucy, please say that again, I can't hear you." I could hear Lucy fine, and I was farther away from her than she was. This was the final flag of many I'd noticed with Lily and her hearing. She asks to have you repeat things, and it's not because she doesn't want to hear you, she just can't. And I'd read that kids should have a hearing screening around 4, and that kids with CP should have hearing screenings. So we went to see Dr. Baldrate at the end of March. Imogene's testing "referred" in her left ear, meaning that she "failed" the test. Lily referred in both ears, so Dr. Baldrate sent us to an audiologist for further testing. They both had their tests today and Imogene is in good hearing health. YEAH! Lily's left ear is fine, but her right ear has mild hearing loss (conductive), likely due to fluid. So now I think we will go to an ENT, and hopefully they can fix the fluid issue, and then we'll go back to the audiologist for another testing to see if that solution clears up the hearing loss. I mean REALLY? REALLY? I know this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I cannot believe that we are adding another medical professional to our already growing list.

Imogene's eye surgery is not happening on May 19. Right now we're on the schedule for Wednesday. Yes, this Wednesday. (apparently they never moved us to May 19, and they aren't doing May 19 surgeries anyway.) They might take us on July 19, but it's questionable if they have a spot, and we're waiting to hear if Dr. Madigan thinks that would be okay to wait that much longer for her eye. This is turning out to be one of those weeks I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment