Friday, April 9, 2010

Imogene has battled me all week on her morning nap. Monday I won the battle. She won Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I don't need to tally up that score for you, do I? It's a little earlier than I'd like, but I'm okay with her dropping the morning nap, but that means no big battles over the afternoon one. She disagrees. I let her cry a lot longer than I normally would this afternoon. She stopped screaming about 45 minutes ago. Praying she's asleep, and not injured.
Lily was walking over to our neighbor's house this afternoon and she said "Boy Mom I hope they have some tissues over there because I have big, bad allergies." And then asked if I'd stuff some in her pocket just in case. Held her hand up to me, "You don't need to come with me. I can do it on my own. pauses, well maybe you can come in case Rusty wants to jump on me."
Nane headed back to SC this morning so that she could spend the weekend with my aunt, uncle and cousin who are in town to go to the Masters. We had such a nice week with Nane. I got some things done around the house and we all got lots of planting done in the yard. Thank you Nane!

We took an impromptu trip out to some outlets this morning when Imogene won her fourth consecutive nap battle. We went into the Disney store to get a birthday present. This was Lily's first trip to a Disney store. She was allowed to pick out one thing, but I was really limiting her based on price. She looked and looked and looked. There must be a 100,000 things in that place. So much princess stuff. Lily picked out these little Tigger & Pooh race cars. She did not waver even when I showed her some princess items she could have. Played with those toys the whole way home (after, of course, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch.) She talked and talked to them. I was pretty impressed by her. Even let Imogene hold one for about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment