Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We're Okay!

So two of my dear friends and loyal blog readers checked in today to see if we were doing okay. It's been WAY too long since I posted. Honestly things have just been busy - good busy - but busy. We went on a great family retreat with church this past weekend, Lily had her last soccer game of the season, we are starting to get some warm days again ... we are all coming out of the winter / spring fog and ready for a fun summer.  And yes, I've been way busy with Stella & Dot. Which is great, but I need to make more time for the blog. I promise, promise I will.

A funny story. Reading books tonight and Lily says, "That penguin is just a regular mom." What kind of mom am I? "You are a jewelry selling mom!" Is that okay with you? "Yeah Mom - you can buy me stuff now." She went on to tell me that I was GREAT and she is really glad I'm her mom and she wouldn't want another mom. I think I must have looked panicked that she was harboring some ill-feelings toward S&D!
I know that someday she's going to see that being a "jewelry-selling mom" has been so much more than financial for all of us. I know one day she'll realize what a LIFE-CHANGING experience this is for me every single day.  It really has brought me out of what I thought would be a world full of nothing but what was going on for the girls. Which is FINE, really I know what a gift it is that I am home with them. But I have a CAREER again, and truly I never thought that was going to happen for a long while.

Imogene is just plugging along. Her speech is really taking off, although she's having a hard time with certain consonants and switching a lot of sounds. But she talks all day - and people understand her a lot more than I thought they would! She seems a lot younger than Lily did just before she turned 2 1/2 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment